Crime Prevention Fund – IGA is an independent professional organization, engaged in lowering the crime rate and increasing social engagement rate. IGA is founded in 1998 in Pazardjik as a non-governmental organization.
For accomplishing its goals the organization
– Develop and adopt experimental programs and models;
– Perform training, consulting, information-educational and publishing activities;
– Deepen dialog and interdepartmental relations;
– Monitor the institutions engaged in crime problems;
– Intercede in favour of the target groups, subject to its work;
– Through its framework, provide social services for juvenile and adult offenders;
– Develop national and international partnerships.
More significant results for the period 1999-2004:
– Founded the First Probation Centre in the country;
– Trained the first 20 probation specialists;
– Developed Concept for Legislative Probation Enforcement in Bulgaria
– Carried out 30 information-training probation seminars with more than 1000 participants (judges, prosecutors, examining magistrates, police officers, representatives of the local authorities and Non-governmental organizations).
– Carried out two training visits in Great Britain and one international conference in Bulgaria for probation popularizing.
– Adopted a model for social services provision for offenders in a few country regions;
– Provided different social services to 700 persons with suspended sentences; 500 prisoners and ex-prisoners; 100 juvenile offenders and 50 of their parents;
– Carried out an intercession campaign, as a result of which second in the country Municipal program for prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of drug addicted in Pazardjik was adopted.
– Implemented a regional program for prevention of drugs distribution as 2000 children from Pazardjik district took part in it.
– Adopted two components of the National program” HIV/AIDS Prevention and Control” (among persons on intravenous drug practices and among prostituting men and women) in Pazardjik region.
– Put into practice a number of anti-corruption initiatives: information days, monitoring of corruption practices; and since the beginning of the year 2005 projects for social mediator institutionalizing has already started in three municipalities of Pazardjik district;
– Printed more than 50 specialized publications, annual reports, manuals, leaflets and information-advertising materials.